Terms and Conditions
- We cannot be responsible for the quality of the documents you provide to the authorities, although we will advise you of any potential issues or corrections that needs to take place in the documentation you upload onto our case management system.
- As our client it is your responsibility to declare any facts which may adversely affect your case via an email prior to engaging our services. We are only able to assess the success of your case based on the case history provided. We can guarantee as an independent immigration legal services registered company we never disclose your details to a third party and all communication remains strictly confidential.
- Immigration laws and policies are updated and amended very regularly. The advice we offer during our consultation process can only be regarded as current and valid for the time at which it is given. We cannot be held responsible for changes in immigration policy or law which may affect your case as your application progresses -although we will always seek to advocate and push forward your case as strongly as possible.
- We will always work with you to find an alternative solution if you advise us of any potential difficulties in sourcing these documents in advance of this deadline.
- The Migration Firm can offer guarantees on the approximate time taken to process your application according to our assessment through your documents submitted to us and once the case has been submitted to the relevant government authority.
- Should the quality of our service, including accuracy of the advice we have provided, prove to be inadequate or incorrect, we will provide a full refund of the fees charged to date (for more information see ‘Refund Policy’ below)
- SITE OPERATION: United Arab Emirates is our Country of Domicile. The Migration Firm controls this Site from the U.A.E. The Migration Firm makes no representation that this Site is appropriate for use in other locations. If you use this Site from other locations you are responsible for ensuring compliance with local laws. You may not use, export or re-export any materials from this Site in violation of any applicable laws or regulations, including, but not limited to any U.A.E export laws and regulations.
- OFFICE FOREIGN ASSETS CONTROL (OFAC) SANCTIONED COUNTRIES. The Migration Firm will not trade with or provide any services to individuals and companies owned or controlled by, or acting for or on behalf of, OFAC targeted countries AND individuals, groups, and entities, such as terrorists and narcotics traffickers designated under the OFAC programs that are not country specific
- YOUR ACCOUNT. If you use The Migration Firm Site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your account from any devices, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. The Site shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, in any way for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of, or in connection with, your failure to comply with this section.
- Any information, intellectual or otherwise (documents) provided by the client to The Migration Firm will be kept confidential. Information and documents provided by the client will not be shared by any other party EXCEPT for any third party which is a part of the immigration process, such as government bodies or Immigration department and case officers.
- All credit/debit cards details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties
- USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION. Except as otherwise stated below, we do not sell, trade or rent your personally identifiable information collected on the site to others. The information collected by our site is used to process orders, to keep you informed about your order status, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you, and for statistical purposes for improving our site. We will disclose your Delivery information to third parties for order tracking purposes or process your check or money order, as appropriate, fill your order, improve the functionality of our site, perform statistical and data analyses deliver your order and deliver promotional emails to you from us. For example, we must release your mailing address information to the delivery service to deliver products that you ordered.
- SECURITY. THEMIGRATIONFIRM.COM takes appropriate steps to ensure data privacy and security including through various hardware and software methodologies. However, THEMIGRATIONFIRM.COM cannot guarantee the security of any information that is disclosed online.
- OTHER WEBSITES. THEMIGRATIONFIRM.COM is not responsible for the privacy policies of websites to which it links. If you provide any information to such third parties different rules regarding the collection and use of your personal information may apply. We strongly suggest you review such third party’s privacy policies before providing any data to them. We are not responsible for the policies or practices of third parties. Please be aware that our sites may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties. The information practices of those Web sites linked to our site is not covered by this Policy. These other sites may send their own cookies or clear GIFs to users, collect data or solicit personally identifiable information. We cannot control this collection of information. You should contact these entities directly if you have any questions about their use of the information that they collect.MINORS. THEMIGRATIONFIRM.COM does not knowingly collect personal information from minors under the age of 18. Minors are not permitted to use theTHEMIGRATIONFIRM.COM website or services, and THEMIGRATIONFIRM.COM requests that minors under the age of 18 not submit any personal information to the website. Since information regarding minors under the age of 18 is not collected, THEMIGRATIONFIRM.COM does not knowingly distribute personal information regarding minors under the age of 18.CORRECTIONS AND UPDATES. If you wish to modify or update any information THEMIGRATIONFIRM.COM has received, please contact INFO@THEMIGRATIONFIRM.COM.
Our official payment currency is AED.
The Client agrees to pay The Migration Firm a total non-refundable fee as agreed on the Client Care Agreement.
Please note that this amount is exclusive of any 3rd party or Government fees where applicable.
The fee covers:
- Consultancy, advice from your qualified immigration consultant and expert Case Manager
- An accurate case review
- A comprehensive report on your immigration options and solutions
- An exact detailed list of the documents you may require to support your case and detailed definitions of these documents to help on getting your case approved
- Access to our relocation support services
- Additionally, for no additional charge, we are more than happy to assist you with
- Reviewing the documentation provided to us via our internal case management system
- Assisting in the preparation of the application forms to lodge the case online or via post
- Liaison with the Authorities on your behalf to address any questions they may have when appropriate.
Schedule of Fees
Permanent Residence Application: AED 7500-12000
Temporary Residence Application: AED 4000 – 8000
Job Search Assistance: AED 4000
Visit Visa Application: AED 2500
Work Permit Application: AED 5000
Refugee Application: AED 8000
Investor Visa Application: AED 30000
Citizenship by Investment: AED 30000
Mode of Payment
We accept payments online using Visa and MasterCard credit/debit card in AED. If ‘Credit/Debit Card Online Payment’ is selected as the payment methods then the details on the Customers ID (Card holders ID) should exactly match that of the credit/debit card used to make the purchase.
This website is governed by the law of the UAE.
- The customer using the website who are Minor /under the age of 18 shall not register as a User of the website and shall not transact on or use the website.
- The cardholder must retain a copy of transaction records and Merchant policies and rules.
- We do not collect or store payment card details. All payment card details are collected and transmitted in encrypted form by our payment processing provider.
We will automatically end this agreement if any circumstances arise that are beyond our or your control, and stop us or you from carrying out any of our or your responsibilities.
You are entitled to cancel this agreement at anytime without charge up to the point where we have provided a detailed consultation, advocacy services and/or access to our online system.
After this time, in line with the best practice and the OFT’s Distance Selling Regulations and International standards our services are deemed to have been provided and our fees are payable in full.
Customer can cancel their request for service within 24 hours after signing the contract; refunds will be made back to the payment solution used initially by the customer. Please allow for up to 45days for the refund transfer to be completed.
Refunds will be done only through the Original Mode of Payment
The Migration Firm will provide refund of the installments made if our Board of Directors deems we have provided incorrect information during our advocacy process, which led to your case being refused. You agree to waive your right to a refund until such times as the full fee has been paid. Any concerns or complaints you have need to be registered with The Migration Firm within 7 days of the concern arising and give The Migration Firm up to 30 days to resolve your issues and concerns. We are only liable to refund the fees paid to The Migration Firm, any refunds will be paid within 60 days of being agreed.
Once the payment is made online, the confirmation notice will be sent to the client via email within 24 hours of receipt of payment. The confirmation notice will be accompanied by a copy of the receipt for the amount of payment made by the client.